Sunday, 30 August 2015

Gorkamorka kommishun - trukkin' on

Here it is, the second weekly self-motivational post. I did get something done, though of course nowhere near as much as I would've liked. Monday and Tuesday (or was it Tuesday and Wednesday?) were absolutely terrible. I absolutely couldn't get myself to do anything at all. Eventually I just gave up and decided to wait it out in my bed with a good book to kill the time. Downtime has passed at some point though and I did some minor progress on the boyz before finally starting on the vehicles.

As you can see on the group shot, there really isn't that much progress, and the vehicles are mostly just mock-ups to see how my sketched ideas hold up when smashed into the unyielding wall of reality. There's gonna be four of them, and I decided to split the variations evenly, so there's gonna be two trukks and two buggies, one wheeled and trakked of each kind.

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Gorkamorka kommishun - wurkin' title

Okay, I'm really fed up with the atrocious rate at which I work. Because of that, I'm changing the way I'll be posting updates here. Instead of dropping one whenever enough content has built up, I'll be posting weekly, no matter if I blutacked one mock-up together, or built a whole army. Hopefully the fear of having nothing to post will motivate me enough to cease being an atrociously lazy git.

That being said, measly progress was made. First up, the spanna had his arm assembled and a blowtorch built. Needs a hose going to the button at his belt and a handgun.

Photo quality is slightly worse than usual since I forgot I have to post today and couldn't get enough daylight. Still have yet to buy a proper light setup.

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Gorkamorka kommishun - 'alfway dere

As far as the boyz go, at least. Finished up another few boyz, bringing the completed total up to thirteen plus one in progress. Somehow got a tiny bit of a motivation spurt the last few days. Didn't even get stopped by the on/off switch in my mini-drill finally dying. Crawled out to the town in blistering heat and bought a replacement one, along with twenty new blades and a secret thingy. Glad my super basic soldering skills were enough to fix the damn thing, I can't imagine working without it. Neither can I be arsed to dump money on a new one. Anyways, group picture:

As you can see, the crossbow and kannon boyz got finished, and three new were completed, one with a flail and a choppa, another one with a shoota and what can pass as flak armour, I guess and a slaver with a whip, net and a slugga.

Sunday, 2 August 2015

Gorkamorka kommishun - blunderin' about

Still trying to kick into a proper working pace, I'm slowly overcoming all the crappy moods and bouts of pessimism. I'm way behind the schedule I was hoping for. By now I'd wanted to have at least all 20 boyz done, and I'm just barely skirting half that number. Wonder if I can somehow get those done until the end of next week. I want to get on to the vehicles dammit.

Meanwhile, here's a group shot showing the boyz in their current state, all 10 of them, 7 of which are done. The shooty nob on the right needs minor work, while the two boyz in front were just test-fitted together and need gluing, filling and detailing.