Monday 13 June 2016

Gorkamorka kommishun - bikering continues

Okay, I'm back to Gorkamorka being the only thing that needs to be worked on, meaning now it hopefully will go at a pace that satisfies me. Although going off past experiences, I'm skeptical about that. Anyways, what progress has been made since last post?


Well, the general shape of the trukk seems to have been determined. Still not 100% set on the extra standing room on the back, though I can probably remedy that with extra armor and stuff. Gotta make the back more interesting and less flat too.

What's important though is that I seem to have achieved the overall low and speedy look I was going for. Figured out the midsection as well, with a bunch of plasticard and exhaust pipes, with the latter still needing their tips and some detailing.


Also, only when taking pictures for this update did I realize that I somehow omitted the suspension progress in the previous post, so here it is now. In the back I used leaf springs trimmed off the trukk chassis along with the center section of a trukk axle, widened with some plasticard rod. The front is more of a scratchbuild, incorporating the bits cut off the rear axle. Should be sturdy enough once the tanks are glued in, giving the suspension another point of support.


Also since I stalled a bit on the trukk due to a lack of vision, I decided to start on another bike in order not to waste any more time. This time it's a hover hybrid with treads in the front. Used the tracked bike as a base, trimming the treads off the back, and assembling them to fit the front suspension with the brakes removed. Bit of plasticard to fill in the middle.


The engine is a stormboy rokkit pack, with some extra tube to fill in the gap, with two halves of rokkit pack tip making up the side hover jets. The back had some stowage and a trukk boost kanista added. Slightly less visible in those pictures is a skid made out of one of the many deffkopta ones I found in my junk bags. 

That's all for this update, see you next time.

2 comments:

  1. Very original work you've got there. The truck is like this killer irk dragster or something. It's going to be great.

    Gorkamorka is such a great game. I'd love it if people in my area played it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your vehicles so flippin much!

    ReplyDelete